I work as a behavior specialist serving the needs of five public elementary schools. I used this curriculum prior to TAKS testing. The students loved the interactive lessons and they recalled the strategies from previous lessons each time I returned to their classrooms. The teachers were impressed as well and will continue reinforcing the stress reduction and relaxation strategies throughout the year. — A. Childers
Children that use relaxation techniques experience greater attendance, higher test scores, and increased awareness of self. Teachers, parents, and children benefit in all areas of life from this program.
Individual Lesson Plans are also available for purchase in download format.
Stress Free Kids Curriculum Teacher Kit: Lesson Plans Reduce Anxiety, Stress, Anger, Worry~Increase Self-Esteem
Stress Free Kids Curriculum — $95.00
Curriculum Package contains:
Lesson plans complete with detailed step by step instructions, activity worksheets, certificate of completion, plus 2 CDs and 6 paperback books for the lesson plans all packaged in a sturdy storage case.
Stress Free Kids Curriculum (DOWNLOAD) — $49.95
Curriculum Download contains:
Lesson plans complete with detailed step by step instructions, activity worksheets, certificate of completion, plus 2 CDs in mp3 format Indigo Dreams, Indigo Ocean Dreams.
Not Physical Document (Download File Size: 281.6MB) READ BEFORE BUYING
No prior teaching or stress management techniques experience is needed!
This turnkey stress management curriculum incorporates 4 research-based techniques, stories, songs, movement, music, and worksheets. The characters in the stories show children how to manage stress, anger, worry, anxiety, and fear while increasing their self-esteem. Each lesson is designed to introduce practical solutions to daily living.
About this Stress Reduction Curriculum:
This fun and interactive format makes stress management teachable for youth leaders, guidance counselors, teachers, therapists, yoga instructors, homeschoolers, and parents. Kids learn how to use the stress management techniques of progressive muscular relaxation, diaphragmatic breathing, visualizing, and positive statements!
- Indigo Dreams CD, Indigo Ocean Dreams CD, (2 full hours include 8 stories/40 minutes of music)
- 6 paperback books for the lessons including Angry Octopus, Sea Otter Cove, Affirmation Weaver, Bubble Riding, The Goodnight Caterpillar and A Boy and a Turtle
- Lesson plans / Sample conversations
- Worksheets for each story / lesson
- Songs and movement activities
- Certificate of Completion for each lesson
Each stress reduction lesson plan is structured in the following format:
1) Movement Activity: Each class will open with a movement activity. Movement, singing, and laughing help children release some energy.
2) Explanation: Children are given an age appropriate explanation of the research-based technique they will be experiencing in the story.
3) Story time/Lesson: Stories incorporate actual techniques for stress management, anger management, or self-esteem. Children are entertained as they learn relaxation techniques.
4) Discussion: Lively discussion encourages children to incorporate the techniques they experienced into their daily lives.
5) Worksheet and Relaxation Music: Worksheets reinforce the lesson. Indigo Dreams: Rainforest Relaxation Music is an added bonus!
6) Certificate of Completion: Certificates are included for each lesson.
Lesson One: Visualizing (2 stories for 2 lessons)
Lesson Two: Breathing (2 stories for 2 lessons)
Lesson Three: Affirmations/ Positive Statements (2 stories for 2 lessons)
Lesson Four: Anger Management/ Progressive Muscle Relaxation & Breathing (2 stories for 2 lessons)