A Boy and a Bear
The Children’s Relaxation Book introducing young children to deep breathing for relaxation and bedtime.
by Lori Lite • Illustrated by M. Hartigan
Available below as an eBook Download for the iPad, Kindle, most eReaders, Tablets and computers
Children ages 4-7 love to pretend that they are the bear or the boy as they practice deep breathing. This effective stress and anger management technique is widely accepted and used by both traditional and holistic communities. The technique focuses on belly breathing also known as diaphragmatic breathing. Breathing is calming and can have a positive impact on your child’s health and immune system. It can lower stress and anxiety levels. It can be used to decrease pain and anger. This is the first story I wrote to help my son fall asleep. Breathe Deeply!
Other benefits of practicing deep breathing for relaxation:
- Helps the body eliminate waste and strengthen the immune system.
- Relieves muscular tension, increases flexibility and joint strength, and helps to recover faster from stress and exertion.
- Enhances mental clarity and physical energy.
- Reduces need for stimulants and many harmful prescription drugs.
- Improves blood circulation and relieves congestion.
- Increases supply of oxygen and nutrients to cells throughout the body.
- Eases the strain on the heart by increasing oxygen to the heart.
- Helps increase the supply of blood and nutrients to muscles, blood and bones.
This story is also available on our Indigo Dreams audio CD.
A Boy and a Bear (paperback)
The physical book may be ordered online through the following retailers:
A Boy and a Bear eBook — $5.95
An ePDF file for computer viewing, an ePUB file for most eReaders and Tablets, and an ePUB file specifically for the iPAD. eBooks work best on the iPad or eReaders that can show the pages in landscape format.
Not Physical Document (Download File Size: 5.9MB) Read Before Downloading