Lesson Four: Teaching Anger Management to Children
This turnkey lesson plan comes with everything you need for teaching anger management to children. Parents and teachers introduce research-based anger management techniques to kids in a class, group, or home setting. Progressive Muscular Relaxation (PMR) and breathing is fun, effective and easy! This download package comes with 2 stories Angry Octopus and The Goodnight Caterpillar, 1 relaxation music download, worksheets, and Certificates of Completion making it effortless for any teacher or parent to implement. No prior teaching experience is needed.
Children are empowered when they learn to identify and manage anger. Progressive Muscular Relaxation and Breathing allow children to be active participants in managing their emotions. This solution focused strategy of teaching anger management to children decreases aggressive behavior and tantrums.
“ I highly recommend this story as it effectively teaches PMR skills in an engaging story format that kids will remember. The first time I read the book to my children, they both engaged in the progressive muscle relaxation without any prompting from me. Several days after having read the book, my six year old spontaneously talked about how he could manage his anger by doing what the octopus did. A must have for anyone with children or anyone who works with children.”
-Dr. L. Teegarden
Teaching anger management to children is structured in the following format:
1) Movement Activity: Class opens with a movement activity designed to help children learn about and release stress, anger, fears.
2) Explanation/ Lesson: Lesson and explanation of specific relaxation technique are provided.
3) Story time/Lesson: Children listen to an award winning story from Lori Lite that includes an actual research-based stress management technique .
4) Discussion: Lesson is continued with a discussion of the story and technique. Children learn how they can apply this specific technique to their lives.
5) Worksheet and Relaxation Music: Worksheet reinforces the lesson children learned in class and demonstrates how they can be active participants in decreasing stress and anger. Music soundtrack is an added bonus.
6) Certificate of Completion: Included and handed out.
Lesson Four: Anger Management/PMR — $9.95
Lesson Four: Anger Management/Progressive Muscle Relaxation download contains:
Complete Lessons with detailed step by step instructions, 1 audio story in mp3 format of Angry Octopusand The Goodnight Caterpillar a music soundtrack in mp3 format, worksheets and a certificates of completion.
Not Physical Document (Download File Size: 67.2MB) READ BEFORE BUYING