Lesson Three: Affirmations/ Positive Statements
Lesson Three: Positive Statements/Affirmations — $9.95
Lesson Three: Positive Statements/Affirmations download contains:
Complete Lesson with detailed step by step instructions, 2 audio stories in mp3 format of Affirmation Web and Affirmation Weaver, a music soundtrack in mp3 format from the Indigo Dreams: Rainforest Relaxation CD, worksheets and certificate of completion.
Not Physical Document (Download File Size: 73.1MB) READ BEFORE BUYING
This turnkey lesson plan comes with everything you need to introduce a research-based, stress management technique to your class, group, or home. Affirmations or positive statements are fun, effective and easy and are used to build self-esteem, improve confidence and reduce test taking anxiety. This download package comes with 2 stories, 1 relaxation music download, 2 worksheets, and a Certificate of Completion making it effortless for any teacher or parent to implement. No prior teaching experience is needed. Each lesson plans teaching stress management can be used with the 2 included stories, giving you TWO COMPLETE LESSONS in ONE!
An affirmation or positive statement is one of the easiest self-esteem building and stress managing techniques available to children. Affirmations can be used to control feelings of fear and anxiety, to reach goals, maintain self-belief and reduce test taking anxiety.
“This wonderful story offers children the chance to learn relaxation skills and a positive psychological outlook like no other work I am aware of. The engaging dialogue surpass any other resources I have come across in my field of psychology.”
—Dr. R. Waters
Lesson to lower test taking anxiety is structured in the following format:
1) Movement Activity: Class opens with a movement activity designed to help children learn about and release stress, anger, fears.
2) Explanation/ Lesson: Lesson and explanation of specific relaxation technique are provided.
3) Story time/Lesson: Children listen to an award winning story from Lori Lite that includes an actual research-based stress management technique .
4) Discussion: Lesson is continued with a discussion of the story and technique. Children learn how they can apply this specific technique to their lives.
5) Worksheet and Relaxation Music: Worksheet reinforces the lesson children learned in class and demonstrates how they can be active participants in decreasing stress and anger. Music soundtrack is an added bonus.
6) Certificate of Completion: Included and handed out.