Lesson One: Visualizing Reduces Stress
Lesson One: Visualizing Reduces Stress — $14.95
Not Physical Document (Download File Size: 152MB) READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING
Visualizing Decreases Worries and Increases Creativity
This turnkey lesson plan teaches children simple visualization techniques to help to relax, calm down, and lower stress. This colorful imaginative technique is easy to teach to your class, group, or home. Children visualize filling and relaxing their mind and body with the colors of the rainbow. Visualizing or creative imagery can help children increase their creativity, improve reading comprehension, and calm their worries.
Lesson One: Visualizing Reduces Stress download contains:
- Complete Lesson with detailed step-by-step instructions
- 2 audio stories in mp3 format of A Boy and a Turtle and Bubble Riding
- 2 eBook versions in PDF format of A Boy and a Turtle and Bubble Riding
- 2 music soundtracks in mp3 format from the Indigo Dreams and Indigo Ocean Dreams CD
- Worksheets and certificates of completion
This download package comes with 2 stories in audio and eBook format, two relaxation music downloads, 4 worksheets, and two Certificates of Completion making it effortless for any teacher or parent to implement. You do not need any prior teaching experience or familiarity with stress management techniques in order to use this lesson. This visualizing reduces stress lesson does the work for you. Each lesson can be used with the 2 included stories, giving you TWO COMPLETE LESSONS in ONE!
Children that practice relaxation techniques achieve higher test scores.
Visualizing stimulates creativity and relaxes the mind.
“”I work as a behavior specialist serving the needs of five public elementary schools. I used this curriculum to teach stress awareness lessons to 3rd & 4th graders prior to TAKS testing. The students loved the interactive lessons and they recalled the strategies from previous lessons each time I returned to their classrooms. The teachers were impressed as well and will continue reinforcing the stress reduction and relaxation strategies throughout the year.”
— A. Childers
Visualizing Reduces Stress lesson is structured in the following format:
1) Movement Activity: Class opens with a movement activity designed to help children learn about and release stress, anger, worries.
2) Explanation/ Lesson: Lesson and explanation of visualization techniques are provided.
3) Story time/Lesson: Children listen to or read an award winning story from Lori Lite that includes an actual research-based stress management technique.
4) Discussion: Lesson is continued with a discussion of the story and technique. Children learn how they can apply this specific technique to their lives.
5) Worksheet and Relaxation Music: Worksheet reinforces the lesson children learned in class and demonstrates how they can be active participants in decreasing stress and anger. Music soundtracks is an added bonus.
6) Certificates of Completion: Included and handed out.