Sea Otter Cove: Children learn relaxation breathing
Introducing relaxation breathing to lower anxiety, decrease stress and control anger while promoting peaceful sleep
by Lori Lite • Illustrated by Max Stasuyk • ISBN 9780978778187 • Paperback
FREE domestic shipping
Available below as an eBook download for the iPad, Kindle, most eReaders, Tablets and computers
Children will love to experience belly breathing with playful sea otters and a sea child. This effective, self-calming technique also known as “diaphragmatic breathing” can have a positive impact on your child’s health. Proper breathing can lower stress and anxiety levels. It can be used to decrease pain and anger as it opens up and balances the nervous system affecting the entire body. Other benefits of using belly breathing are:
- Helping the body eliminate waste and strengthen the immune system.
- Aids in relaxation, relieves muscular tension, increases flexibility and joint strength, and helps to recover faster from stress and exertion.
- Enhancing emotional stability and mental clarity to feel more energetic and positive.
- Reduces need for stimulants and many harmful prescription drugs.
- Improves blood circulation and relieves congestion.
- Increases supply of oxygen and nutrients to cells throughout the body.
- Eases the strain on the heart by increasing oxygen to the heart.
- Helps increase the supply of blood and nutrients to muscles, blood and bones.
Delightful characters in this story and easy breathing encourages your child to slow down, relax, and fall asleep peacefully. If you enjoyed the classic A Boy and a Bear, you will love Sea Otter Cove.
This is one of four stories featured on the Indigo Ocean Dreams CD
“This child friendly adventure is beautifully illustrated and loved by children of all ages. Sea Otter Cove teaches children a powerful breathing technique, which helps children to slow down and focus in this fast paced and over stimulating world. The techniques are easy to use anywhere!”
—Melissa C. Fedosh, Pediatric Occupational Therapist, Children’s Yoga Teacher, and Mother
Sea Otter Cove (hardcover book) — $14.95
Sea Otter Cove eBook — $6.95
An ePDF file for computer viewing, an ePUB file for most eReaders and Tablets, and an ePUB file specifically for the iPAD. eBooks work best on the iPad or eReaders that can show the pages in landscape format.
Not Physical Document (Download File Size: 7.3MB) Read Before Downloading
Sea Otter Cove eBook (with audio) — $7.95
eBook with embedded audio file from the story. For use with the iPad or iPhone only!
Not Physical Document (Download File Size: 31.5MB) Read Before Downloading